- This event has passed.
Akoya KAL (Knit Along)
August 9, 2018 - September 27, 2018
Want to know about upcoming knitting classes and events?
Join our email list!
This KAL is the first of Angela’s Alterknits Series. Beth does 4 KALs per year at Mountain Hollow Farm. Angela, the rogue one, doesn’t always want to do the scheduled KALs so she’s stepped out on her own and started Angela’s Alterknits. While Angela is taking the lead in this series, Beth will still be available for support.
The Akoya is a versatile, stylish and flattering cardigan with feminine lace and cables at the hem, cuff and neckline. There’s enough detail to keep it interesting but it’s easy enough to knit while watching TV. The pattern is written by Carol Feller, one of the instructors on our upcoming Ireland Knitting Tour!
This pattern is very well written, a plus for inexperienced sweater knitters! The pattern is written for bust sizes 28”-54” and is worked nearly seamlessly from the bottom up.
In the Akoya Knit Along, you will learn how to:
- Make a proper swatch to test your gauge
- Do the cable cast on (Angela’s favorite) or the tubular cast on – the absolute best for stretchy ribbing!
- Knit cables (with or without a cable needle)
- Use a lifeline so you never have to rip all your work out again
- Read charts
- Knit sleeves 2-at-a-time so they are identical
- Do single row button holes
- Graft a nearly invisible seam
- Use Ravelry for pattern help
- Thursday 2-4pm
- Thursday 6-8 pm
- Saturday 10-noon