- This event has passed.
Alice in Wonderland KAL (Knit Along)
February 9, 2019 - April 20, 2019
Want to know about upcoming knitting classes and events?
Join our email list!
Alice in Wonderland is a seamless top, tunic, or dress written for bust sizes 28”-50”. It is knit from the top down with mock cables on the front. You’ll feel like a fairytale princess in this flattering A-line sweater!
The Alice in Wonderland sweater is a perfect match for the child-sized Goldilocks, which makes a great mother-daughter combination.
In the Alice in Wonderland KAL you will learn how to:
- Make a proper swatch to test your gauge
- Knit a sweater from the top down
- Do a variety of increases
- Do mock cables
- Read a chart
- Make contiguous set-in sleeves
- Knit one row horizontal buttonholes
- Make minor adjustments to the pattern for a more tailored fit
- Simultaneously track shaping, pattern rows, and buttonhole rows. Learn tricks of the trade to get through the complicated sections with ease.
The Alice in Wonderland KAL Schedule
This KAL starts February 9th and ends April 20th, and is held during our regular Stitch & Spin times:
- Thursday 2-4pm
- Thursday 6-8 pm
- Saturday 10-noon
Drop in as often as you like during these times for help and encouragement.
And if you can’t come in for live help on a regular basis, don’t worry! We have online support that includes links to curated videos for the techniques used in the project and explanations of advanced and unclear elements in the pattern.
Items you will need for the Alice in Wonderland KAL:
- 565 – 2520 yards (517 – 2304 m) of fingering weight yarn. We recommend Malabrigo Sock or Louet Gems Fingering.
- US 3 and 4 needles (or whatever size needed to obtain gauge). We recommend sharp tips, as there are a lot of increases in this project.
- Stitch markers
- Yarn needle
- Stitch holders or scrap yarn
- 3 small buttons
Participants must know how to cast on, knit, purl, and bind off prior to starting this KAL. The stitches in this pattern are not difficult, but there are places where you need to simultaneously track shaping, pattern rows, and buttonhole rows. Therefore, this KAL is recommended for knitters who have done at least one pattern with a simple pattern repeat and shaping (increases or decreases).
Visit https://mtnhollow.com/mhf-kal-club to register.