- This event has passed.
A Project in Sheep’s Clothing KAL (Knit Along)
February 1, 2020 - February 29, 2020
Want to know about upcoming knitting classes and events?
Join our email list!
A Project in Sheep’s Clothing is a versatile project bag and a great project to learn the arts of wet felting and needle felting. Make your bag unique by incorporating stripes or other ornamentation, or follow our instructions to needle felt a sheep on your bag.
In this KAL you will learn how to:
- Read your knitting so you can always tell what row you are on
- Use a lifeline so you never have to rip all your work out again
- Do a provisional cast on
- Knit in the round
- Knit front and back increase (kfb)
- Make buttonholes
- Knit an i-cord
- Wet felt
- Needle felt a surface design
- 600 yards of 100% wool worsted weight yarn in 2 or more colors. We recommend Naturally Nazareth by Kraemer.
- US 10 or 10.5 (6 or 6.5 mm) circular knitting needles, 32” long or longer (for the provisional cast on and to knit in the round using the magic loop method)
Note: Since this is a felted project, US 9 or 11 would probably be fine if you don’t have these sizes. If you are adept at knitting in the round and prefer to use other needles, that’s fine too.
- 1 yard of cotton yarn
- Darning needle
- Grommets for buttonholes
- Needle felting supplies for sheep:
- Black & white roving
- Felting needle
- Felting pad
- Small amount of white or ecru crochet thread, embroidery floss, or similar yarn/string
Participants must know how to cast on, knit, purl, and bind off prior to starting this KAL.
The live dates for this KAL are February 1 -29, 2020. During that time the lessons will be posted online as we complete them. After the “live” period, all of the lessons will be available 24/7/365 exclusively to members of the Knit Along Club.
Visit https://mtnhollow.com/mhf-kal-club to register for this KAL – and gain access to all of the other great KALs in the Club!