- This event has passed.
Cinnamon Girl Cardigan KAL (Knit Along)
April 14 - July 7
Want to know about upcoming knitting classes and events?
Join our email list!
Knit in Aran weight yarn from the bottom up, this beautiful cardigan is nearly seamless. It is a raglan design, starting with the sleeves. The finished sleeves are transferred to waste yarn and put aside until it’s time to join them to the body.
You will learn how to:
- Make a proper swatch to test your gauge
- Cable, cable, cable (with or without a cable needle)
- Do a tubular cast on – the absolute best for stretchy ribbing!
- Read charts
- Knit sleeves 2-at-a-time so they are identical
- Graft a nearly invisible seam in pattern
- Do an i-cord edge
- Use Ravelry for pattern help
This KAL starts April 14th and ends July 7th, and is held during our regular Stitch & Spin times:
- Thursday 2-4pm
- Thursday 6-8 pm
- Saturday 10-noon
Drop in as often as you like during these times for help and encouragement.
Items you will need for the Cinnamon Girl Cardigan KAL:
- 1200 – 1575 yards Aran Weight yarn, depending on your size. We recommend Cestari Mt. Vernon.
- Size US 8 (5 mm): 24” or longer circular needles
- US 5 (3.75 mm): In whatever style you like for knitting sleeves in the round
- Stitch markers, cable needle, waste yarn for stitch holders, spare needle, tapestry needle
Purchase the pattern and yarn at Mountain Hollow Farm and the KAL is FREE!
Connect with us on the Cinnamon Girl Cardiagn KAL Facebook page.
Questions? Call (423) 869-8927 or email email@example.com.