Goat Whisperer’s Cabled Fingerless Gloves KAL (Knit Along)
January 13 @ 8:00 am - March 31 @ 12:00 pm
You don’t have to be a goat herder to enjoy these warm mitts! Cabling on the back of the hand adds interest to an otherwise utilitarian accessory. The palms are done in stockinette stitch for a smooth grip. Two ribbed stitches in each pattern repeat offer a snug and comfortable fit for a variety of hand sizes.
You will learn how to:
- Cast on without a slip knot
- Knit in the round on double pointed needles or the magic loop (you choose)
- Knit 2-at-a-time (if you already know how to knit in the round)
- Do cables, with or without a cable needle
- Do a thumb gusset
- Join a new yarn
- Do Jenny’s Surprisingly Stretchy Bind Off
- Join your last bind off stitch to the first stitch for a completely smooth bind off
This KAL starts January 13th and ends March 31st, and is held during our regular Stitch & Spin times:
- Thursday 2-4pm
- Thursday 6-8 pm
- Saturday 10-noon
Drop in as often as you like during these times for help and encouragement.
Purchase the pattern and yarn at Mountain Hollow Farm and the KAL is FREE! You can also purchase the pattern on Ravelry.
Connect with us on the Cabled Fingerless Glove KAL Facebook page.
Questions? Call (423) 869-8927 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.