Kelmscott KAL (Knit Along)
July 27 - October 12
Want to know about upcoming knitting classes and events?
Join our email list!
The Kelmscott Knit Along includes online written and video tutorials to guide you through every step of the pattern so you can knit this sweater confidently from the comfort of your home!
The sophisticated design of the Kelmscott Cardigan makes it perfect for special occasions. This is a sweater that will turn heads!
Inspired by the decorative patterns of William Morris and the Arts and Crafts movement. The sweater is knit in 6 pieces from the bottom up, with front lace panels set off by reverse stockinette; and lace detail at the sleeve cuffs and center back.
Finished measurements: Chest sizes 33 (37,41, 45, 49, 53). It is intended to be worn with 1-2″ of ease.
In the Kelmscott KAL you will learn how to:
- Make a proper swatch to test your gauge to make sure your sweater fits
- Knit a sweater in pieces and seam them together for a professional finish
- Knit lace
- Read knitting charts
- Read your knitting so you can always tell what row you are on
- Use a lifeline so you never have to rip all your work out again
- Knit short rows to create a flattering fit
- Crochet an easy slip stitch trim to stabilize the sweater
- Crochet button covers to create buttons that match your sweater perfectly
Participants must know how to cast on, knit, purl, and bind off prior to starting this KAL. Additionally, participants should have done at least one lace project prior to beginning this sweater.
The Kelmscott KAL is part of our online Mountain Hollow Farm Knit Along Club. Learn more and sign up at https://mtnhollow.com/mhf-kal-club.