- This event has passed.
Nala Cardi KAL (Knit Along)
June 15, 2019 - August 31, 2019
Want to know about upcoming knitting classes and events?
Join our email list!
Angela started her own series of knit alongs last year called Angela’s Alterknits. Beth does most of the knit alongs (KALs) here at Mountain Hollow Farm. Angela, the rogue one, doesn’t always want to do her KALs so she’s stepped out on her own.
The subject of the next Alterknit is the Nala Cardi: a beautiful, graceful, and stylish open-front cardigan design by Regina Moessmer. This cardigan will quickly become a wardrobe favorite for most seasons of the year! It is worked seamlessly from the top down, featuring a lovely shawl collar and cables. You can easily customize the cardigan length.
The pattern is written for bust sizes 33-50 inches.
In this KAL you will learn how to:
- Make a proper swatch to test your gauge
- Knit a sweater seamlessly from the top down
- Use a winding provisional cast-on
- Read your knitting so you can always tell what row you are on
- Use a lifeline so you never have to rip all your work out again
- Shape shoulders by using the contiguous method
- Pick up and knit to create a nicely finished edge
- Make minor adjustments to the pattern for a more tailored fit
- Increase and decrease stitches
- Make an i-cord edge
- Modify the pattern to add your own personal touch (I added a cable that goes along neckband and the front edges – and I’ll tell you how in the KAL)
Participants must know how to cast on, knit, purl, cable, and bind off prior to starting this KAL.
This KAL is part of our online Mountain Hollow Farm Knit Along Club. Learn more and sign up at https://mtnhollow.com/mhf-kal-club.