- This event has passed.
Poetry in Motion KAL (Knit Along)
March 23, 2019 - June 8, 2019
Want to know about upcoming knitting classes and events?
Join our email list!
Poetry in Motion is a gorgeous, elegant, and very feminine design. It is worked with fingering or light sport weight yarn. This design is ideal for wool or cotton, thus making it a beautiful layering piece for all year round.
This cardigan is worked as a modified top down raglan, featuring gorgeous lace and cables. There are lots of options to choose from to make this a unique and personalized cardigan:
- Choose between lace patterns
- Adjust the cardigan length
- Customize the fullness of the cardigan skirt
- Select your favorite cable pattern
The Poetry in Motion cardigan is a perfect match for the child-sized Sun Spots, which makes a great mother-daughter combination.
In this KAL you will learn how to:
- Make a proper swatch to test your gauge
- Cast-on using a provisional method
- Knit cables
- Create increases and decreases
- Use a lifeline so you never have to rip all your work out again
- Make a diverse range of cables and/or lace stitches
- Pick up and knit
- Make modified top down raglan sleeves
- Read a chart
- Adjust the pattern to fit your cable stitch and length preference
The Poetry in Motion KAL Schedule
This KAL starts March 23th and ends June 8th. Online support is available 24/7. In person support is offered in our store during our regular Stitch & Spin times:
- Thursday 2-4pm
- Thursday 6-8 pm
- Saturday 10-noon
Drop in as often as you like during these times for help and encouragement.
- Fingering or sport weight yarn. If you opt for the full body skirt, allow an additional 75-100 yards (70-91 m) of yarn. We recommend Malabrigo Sock, Malabrigo Arroyo, or Louet Gems Fingering. Below are the bust sizes in inches with the amount of yarn required in parentheses:
30” (800 yds/731 m), 32” (850 yds/777 m), 34” (925 yds/846 m), 36” (1000 yds/914 m), 38’” (1075 yds/ 983 m), 40” (1125 yds/ 1029 m), 42” (1200 yds/1097 m), 44” (1300 yds/1189 m), 46” (1400 yds/1280 m), 49” (1500 yds/1371 m)
- US 3, 4, 5, and 6 needles, 32” circular or longer (or the sizes needed to obtain gauge)
- Stitch markers
- Darning or Tapestry needle
- Stitch holders or scrap yarn
- Cable needle. We recommend Brittany cable needles
Participants must know how to cast on, knit, purl, and bind off prior to starting this KAL.
To see all of the knit alongs in the Mountain Hollow Farm Knit Along Club, visit https://mtnhollow.com/mhf-kal-club. Purchasing the annual membership will give you access to this KAL (when it starts), and all the other KALs, for a full year.
Registration for this individual KAL will open on February 23, 2019, at https://mtnhollow.com/mhf-kal-club.