- This event has passed.
Stag Head Pillow KAL (Knit Along)
October 13, 2018 - December 29, 2018
Want to know about upcoming knitting classes and events?
Join our email list!
The Stag Head Pillow is a variation of the Stag Head Pullover by Norah Gaughan. It is the perfect design for the hunters and cabin owners in your life – and we’re doing it in time to finish for Christmas!
In this KAL you will learn how to:
- Make a proper swatch to test your gauge
- Accurately predict the size of your finished pillow
- Do a variety of cables, with or without a cable needle
- Read a chart
- Knit an applied I-cord
- Make button holes
- Make pattern alterations (we are converting a sweater pattern to a pillow)
The Stag Head Pillow KAL starts October 13th and ends December 22nd
It is held during our regular Stitch & Spin times:
Thursday 6-8 pm
Drop in as often as you like during these times for help and encouragement.
Items you will need for the Stag Head Pillow KAL:
- Approximately 400 yards worsted, aran, or chunky weight yarn
- Appropriate size knitting needles for the yarn you are using (the pattern recommends sizes US 5 and US 7 for worsted weight yarn)
- Double pointed or circular needles for the i-cord edge in your larger size needles
- Pillow form
- 5 buttons
- Cable needle, stitch markers, & tapestry needle
Participants must know how to cast on, knit, purl, and bind off prior to starting this KAL.
Purchase the pattern, yarn, and other supplies at Mountain Hollow Farm and the KAL is FREE!