- This event has passed.
Socks on a Plane Knit Along
July 14, 2018 - September 29, 2018
Want to know about upcoming knitting classes and events?
Join our email list!
Socks on a Plane are knit mostly in stockinette stitch with a cable up the outside of each sock for added interest.
It is a great pattern for beginner sock knitters or more experienced knitters who desire a small project that doesn’t require too much thinking.
In this Knit Along you will learn how to:
- Knit toe-up socks
- Do Judy’s Magic Cast On for a seamless toe
- Knit in the round using double pointed needes, magic loop, or 2 circulars (your choice)
- Knit 2-at-a-time using the magic loop method (if you already know how to knit socks in the round)
- Cable, with or without a cable needle
- Keep track of which row you are on (it can be tricky with cables)
- Adjust the size to fit your foot
- Do Jeny’s Surprisingly Stretchy Bind Off
- Read a chart
The KAL starts July 14th and ends September 29th, and is held during our regular Stitch & Spin times:
Thursday 6-8 pm
Drop in as often as you like during these times for help and encouragement.
Participants must know how to cast on, purl, knit, and bind off prior to starting this KAL.
The pattern is free on Ravelry. Purchase the yarn at Mountain Hollow Farm and the KAL is FREE!
Items you will need for the Socks on a Plane KAL:
- 400 yards of fingering weight yarn
- Size 1.5 (2.5 mm) needles, in whichever style you prefer for knitting socks
- Cable Needle
- Tapestry Needle
- Stitch markers
Questions? Call (423) 869-8927 or email email@example.com.